As Travel Expert, you will be part of our Sales Team in India. We are looking for an experienced Travel Agent coming from a French-speaking country, who is passionate about traveling. You will manage tailor made travel requirements made for solo travellers, couple travellers, honeymooners and family trips. The goal is to keep our clients satisfied and loyal for future services.
The Travel Expert plays & Production Assistant a key role in the success of the organization. He is the one who plays a pivotal role in:
- Individual & Team Sales & Target Achievement: generate maximum business, achieve individual targets and help team to achieve team targets.
- Sales and Operations: Handle enquiries and monitor with the guests,
- B2C partnership: direct contact with the guests, 24hour availability, welcome guests in their destination.
- B2B partnership: generate maximum business with B2B partners according to the politic develop by your B2B & Prod in Charge in India.
- Development & Production: Along with our local partners, B2B & Prod in India, gather exhaustive expertise to develop programs that matches with Shanti Travel philosophy of travel in every matter.
- Plan and sell transportations, accommodations and other travel services
- Cooperate with clients (also via phone) to determine their needs and advise them appropriate destination, modes of transportations, travel dates, costs and accommodations
- Provide relevant information, brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events etc.) to travellers
- Collect payment/fees
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds
- Attend travel seminars to remain updated with tourism trends
- Enter data into our software and maintain client files
- Network with tour operators
- Maintain statistical and financial records
- Meet profit and sales targets
Other tasks and duties aligned with the mission may be assigned.
- Coming from a French-speaking country with good level of English
- 2 years minimum experience in travel or tourism industry
- Guest oriented
- Comfortable to sell trips via phone or via mail in French and in English
- Ready to learn our computer reservations systems and GDS systems
- Ready to become an expert in selling other destinations
- Strong sales skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively
- Personal travel experience will be considered an advantage
DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION
Optimize Online production: (Under Prod in Charge supervision)
- Update benchmark our competitors,
- Update online pricing & create new itineraries,
- Provide the sales tools (price list, master programs offline…),
Optimize Offline production: (Under Prod in Charge supervision)
- Creation of itinerary, pricing and gathering information related to the destinations
- Collect information and look for new products / hotels / activities / experiences / good addresses to improve the quality of the programs.
- Take photos & videos while you discover India and share for communication purposes.
- Keep destination training documents up to date.
TERMS OF CONTRACT
- Local contrat, full time
- Salary: as per experience
- Shanti Travel take charge of visa and insurance
- Based in New Delhi, India
- Starting as soon as possible
Please send your CV and your cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please precise in subject: « Application – Travel Expert India »